Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Full Time RV Cooking–One Chicken–Three Meals–Plus Chicken Stock

Now that’s what I call a deal. . .

 

I bought one of those rotisserie chickens for dinner. . .it was a delicious meal, but there was a lot left over. . .so, I took the rest off the bone. . .saved the bones and skin in the freezer for making stock later. . .

 

then using Iron Chef Michael Symon’s recipe for pizza dough

3/4 cup AP flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp yeast

1/4 cup water – maybe a little more

Olive Oil for pan

Proof the yeast in the water. . .I add a smidge of sugar to help the process

Add wet ingredients to dry – mix until incorporated – knead for a few minutes – then allow to rise – shape dough and add toppings – cook in 425* preheated oven about 20 minutes or so. . .

(I decreased measurements to make one crust)

2012-08-27 Pizza 001

To the top of this dough I added bechamel sauce (cream sauce or alfredo sauce will be fine). . .

did I mention I made the bechamel sauce using bacon fat?   Yum!. . .

Shredded Chicken

a sprinkle of dried thyme or whatever seasonings you might like

parmesan cheese

mozzarella cheese

whatever sliced veggies you like or have available. . .this is tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion, and red pepper flakes.

 

Another delicious meal. . .but I still had quite a bit of chicken left. . .so I shredded it and made Chicken Salad for lunch tomorrow. . .

 

How cool is that. . .

 

How many ways can you use one $6 chicken?  Please share. . .

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. We do similar things with those. They are a great value when you can do so much with the leftovers.

    Connie
    http://simslandyacht.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. . .three meals means about $1 per person per meal. . .what a deal!

      Delete
  2. Love the header photo. So beautiful.
    Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy Marsha!

      Changing the header pics is so easy now. . .I can do it in just minutes. . .instead of the trial and travail it used to be. . .ha ha!

      Delete