Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Friday, February 8, 2013

Full Time RV Living–It’s War Around Here

In our last blog post I showed your our resident wren’s nest located up in an exhaust vent.
DSC_3722
Because I felt guilty about destroying all their hard work,
I laid the nest materials out on the picnic table,
where they quickly began gathering them up. . .
DSC_3734
here’s where I found their latest homebuilding attempt. . .
sorry guys. . .still not gonna work. . .
Wonder what the plan is now. . .I’m keepin’ an eye out!
IMGP2379
A very nice surprise this week. . .my brother brought my Dad and Uncle by to visit. . .
They were on their way to the deer lease to hunt hogs,
so I made home made pulled pork barbecue sliders
using home made Parker House Style rolls. . .
I used Alton Brown’s recipe. . .they were dee-lish-us!
IMGP2383
the rest of the week has been spent on our park host duties. . .
while I met with Ranger Lisa about a school group that will be here next week. . .
Dave mowed the sites in our camping lot in preparation for the weekend campers!

Til next time,
Janice

10 comments:

  1. Oh how funny. Those little ones will build a home any where. They are sort of like RVers...hehe

    Dad looks good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha. . .that's true. . .they are a bit like RV'ers. . .one of them was up on the windowsill this morning where I was sitting on the computer. I asked them. . .what are you plotting now? LOL. . .hope you have a chance to try, and enjoy the recipe.

      Delete
  2. Those Carolina wrens are rascals for sure! Hope you don't get a nest on top of a slide like I did. They're a challenge to get out way up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. . .I haven't even thought to check there. . .on my list for tomorrow. . . :)

      Delete
  3. I battled some birds for three weeks straight as they tried to build their nest in the fascia board of my garage. Every day for three weeks straight, I tore down the nest. They'd come back and it was comical their reaction. You could just tell they were squawking to each other, "WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR NEST?" And then it was, "How DARE you tear down our nest? We're just going to put it back up." They actually sounded MAD. They'd watch me while I cleaned up their mess, and be squawking the whole time at me! They finally gave up. It's not that I don't like birds, but they were pushing the fascia board out of shape and the bird poop was AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree. . .as adorable as they are to look at. . .I just don't want to share living space with them. They do have that way of cocking their head to the side as they look at you though. . .as if to say. . .who do you think you are? LOL. . .

      Isn't nature great. . .there are also the raccoon antics. . .although I haven't caught them at it yet. . .only seen the evidence!

      Delete
  4. Leave instructions with the Wren where to build next. You're going to give the poor things a personality disorder. I was sitting in a parking lot, when a Female Dove flew onto the hood. She walked around, checked out the space between the hood and the windshield and notified hubby. He flew in, got his orders and began building, UNTIL, it was time for me to leave. They were slightly confused when their HOME/World staring moving. Oh, well, more stories for their kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha. ..good one. I moved the bicycles around the corner. . .didn't deter the little boogers at all. . .this time they got the complete nest built on my bicycle rack. . .reminds me. . .I better go check it today. . .before they build it back AND lay their eggs. . .LOL! Oh. . .and I did try the instruction thing. . .I got a wren box. . .hung it very conveniently near where they have been building. . .no dice. . .not interested!

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog and am loving the pictures of the area you are in. We are planning a trip to Lake Texoma after Easter and wanted to discover somewhere new in Texas. This looks like a great place to park for a bit. Thanks for sharing your pictures! Also, love the birds! Guess I better check cubby holes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. . .we are really, really enjoying the park, especially now that everything has greened up. . .so beautiful.

      If you guys are interested in park hosting this is a great place to be. . .right around the corner from major shopping. . .but a feeling of the wilderness. . .the best of both worlds!

      Delete