Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Full Time RV Living–Excitement or Drama–No In Between

Our very last weekend as park hosts at Stephen F Austin State Park was just plain excitin’

Williford Family Reunion at SFA SP

Friday evening the family began arriving for a mini family reunion. . .

there’s my fabulous baby grand in the purple shirt. . .

Williford Family Reunion at SFA SP

Saturday. . .with about 20 family members in attendance. ..

the rains began. ..

didn’t stop the washers game though!

Louis and Austin standing arms folded - Stephen F Austin State Park - Williford Family Reunion 2013

and seriously. . .is this not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. . .

my bub. . .his grandson. . .my great nephew. . .

can ya see the family trait. . .LOVE IT!

adding the tow package to the jeep at Holiday World - Katy TX

Monday was the day to have the tow package installed on the jeep. . .

they got it right in and got it done. . .very impressive. . .

I begged our service advisor to let me go back in the shop area to take this pic. . .

adding the tow package to the jeep at Holiday World - Katy TX

being without our transportation was no problem. . .

they set us up in their RV lot. . .50 amp service. . .

much better than the waiting room. . .

Texas, Columbus, Colorado River Thousand Trails (2)

Once the tow package was finished. . .we merrily set out for our new digs

at Colorado River Preserve Thousand Trails. . .

but. . .about midway there. . .while traveling in a bit of rain. . .nothing serious. . .

the awning over one of the slides decided to unfurl

while driving down I-10. . .helloo. . .not a good plan.

 

I am telling you for a fact. . .we no sooner got pulled off the freeway

and into a truck stop. . .that the bottom fell out. . .it was pouring. . .

crazy wind rocking the rig. . .I told Dave our guardian angels knew

that we needed to be off the freeway at that precise moment. . .

I am a believer. . .more than a believer in divine intervention. . .thank the Lord!

 

And then Monday afternoon. . .the drama began

when I learned that my stepmom had fallen. . .fractured her pelvis. . .

was in the hospital. . .and was set for a very long recovery. . .not good.

 

Add to this. . .my Dad is scheduled for hip repair surgery next Monday. . .

so Dave and I were already planning to be there for that. . .grrrrr. . .

trying to coordinate family things long distance is no fun. . .

thank God for my Bub. . .the one you saw in the pic above.

 

He has totally stepped in to handle the entire situation. . .

between him and my youngest stepbrother. . .

they seem to have a great plan and making it all work. . .so thankful!

 

When my Dad had a bad car accident a couple of years ago. . .

Dave and I dropped everything. . .took the rig down there

and stayed until his recovery was well under way. . .

it was just going to be very difficult to do that this time,

since our buyer is scheduled to be here in a couple of days

to pick up the fifth wheel and truck. . .so all is well. . .

when our business here is concluded, we will be taking the rig

down to stay for Dad’s surgery and recovery. . .

which should just be a 5 or 6 day stay in the rehab hospital. . .

and then back to my brother’s  UNTIL. . .it’s the UNTIL

that concerns me. . .but I know it will all work out!

Texas, Columbus, Colorado River Thousand Trails , Birds, Wren, Carolina Wren

In the meantime. . .remember those crazy Carolina Wrens
we were at war with over at Stephen F Austin?

Their kinfolk have already found us. . .bring it on! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment