Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Evans Escapades in College Station–It Was A Football Kinda Weekend

 

I’m sure you will find it shocking that

when the Texas Aggies have a home game

Football Weekends in College Station are a wee bit crazy.

 

This is not the first time Dave’s had a class scheduled

on a football weekend. . .so we already knew the drill. . .

RV spaces are gonna be hard to come by. . .

and will be at a premium price. . .

$65 a night at the park we usually like to stay at,

and $50 a night at the one we found a little further out of town. . .yaaa!

RV Parking at the Stadium

or if you are A&M Alumni. . .you can stay at the stadium. . .

2013-11-10 Blog Pics RTG 003     2013-11-10 Blog Pics RTG 004

spaces there start at $90 a night. . .what a deal!

 

Hotel rooms go for premium rates too. . .

sunday morning lineup in the RV Park

and then early Sunday Morning everyone’s hooking up. . .

football season is over. . .let the exodus begin. . .

and rates drop back to normal. . .

Truck and Trailer at the Fire Field

I dropped Dave off at the Fire Field to pick up this bad boy. . .

which they will pull for six hours to South Texas.

 

The big difference between pulling this, and pulling our fiver. . .

this is a gooseneck. . .so none of that nice air ride suspension.

 

I headed back to the nice comfort of the motor home,

and left them to their fun. . .I’ve been catching up on

miscellaneous little chores that get put off when we are in travel mode. . .

 

The most annoying one for me is that I end up with these stacks of papers. . .

seriously. . .am I the only one this happens to?

 

I guess I lay aside these wonderful pamphlets or even

pages I’ve torn out of magazines thinking I’m gonna research it. . .

and then before I know it, I have this four inch stack of stuff to go through. . .

and then I can’t possibly just chuck the entire stack,

because there might be some receipt or something I NEED in there. . .grrrrr. . .

 

so, those are the sorts of things I’ve been doing. . .

cleaning out the fridge, rearranging the freezer. . .

fun stuff . . .I can hardly wait ‘til tomorrow for it to continue. . .oh boy!

 

Oh. . .and now that I’ve cleared out the stack of papers. . .

it’s time to go pick up the mail. . .jumping for joy about that one. . .

 

Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s having this much fun. . .

 

‘til next time,

Janice and Dave

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment