Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Ah. . .the Mall of America

Mall of America Sign

well. . .here we are. . .our “Tour of the Day”. . .

supposedly the largest indoor mall in America. . .

Mall of America

as many stated on FaceBook’s RV Tips Page

eh. . .it’s a mall. . .I concur. . .

Mall of America Mail Room

being there reminded me of the three years I delivered

mail to a large mall just out of Houston. . .

to a mailroom much like this one. . .

once all the flat mail was delivered,

I would roll my little buggy around inside the mall and deliver the packages. . .

Three Christmases was all I could stand. . .oh my goodness. . .

the traffic. . .sheer craziness. . .so I bid on a route where I could

just stick my arm out the window. . .and left the Mall to one of the young’uns!

Lego's Store - my favorite

but on to more fun stuff. . .the Lego Store. . .

my absolute fave. . .never been in one this big. . .

LOVED IT!

Blown away by things built from Legos. . .mind boggling. . .

Lego's Moose Mural - PerfectionLego's Minnesota Mural

come on. . .even you haf’ta admit these murals made from Legos are spectacular. . .WOW!

Minnesota, Minneapolis MN, Mall of America (11)

visited the American Girl Store because we’ve heard so much about it. . .

but. . .none of those dolls can hold a candle to our

real doll great nephews. . .they are all so adorable. . .just sayin’!
Police Department inside the Mall

checked out the police precinct located right inside the mall. . .

Food Court Snack - Japanese

stopped for a little snack at the food court overlooking the Indoor Amusement Park. . .

Indoor Amusement Park

nope. . .not even tempted to try any of the rides. . .but fun to watch.

Minnesot-ah - the correct pronunciation for the State

and finally found out how to spell it the way it sounds. . .there ya go!

it was a fun day of goofing off. . .could have used a new pair of Crocs,

but they’ve discontinued my faves, so I guess at some point I’ll need to

decide on something else. . .just not today!


Made a quick stop at Walmart on the way home for a few supplies. . .

Now we were in the big city of Chicago last week. . .crime capitol of the USA,

or so we heard over and over. . .never saw one police incident of any kind. . .

 

Get ready to go in Walmart in a little suburb of sweet Minneapolis. . .

there’s the PO PO. . .puttin’ shiny bracelets on some characters

right out there in the parking lot. . .just goes to show!

I may be a big city girl, 50 amp “princess” when it comes to my RV hookups. . .

but I tell you what. . .after two weeks of big cities. . .

I’m ready for some relaxation in nature when we head to Lake Itasca,

and the Headwaters of the Mississippi tomorrow. . .see you there!

’til then,

Janice and Dave

 

No comments:

Post a Comment