Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Friday, February 13, 2015

A Fun Week with the Cardiologist. . .NOT!


ugh. . .this getting’ old is for the birds I tell ya. . .

The GP in Livingston discovered something on my EKG that he thought
looked as though I had an “episode”. . .I guess that’s what they call it now. . .

BUT. . .

he was SURE it wasn’t anything to be concerned about. . .
HOWEVER
he would like me to see the cardiologist. . .

BUT. . .

don’t call them. . .
they will call you and set up the appt. . .

they never called. . .I asked about it at the GP’s office on my follow up. . .
they assured me that they would call. . .there was nothing to be concerned about. . .

ALLRIGHTY THEN. . .
No Call. . .GP not really concerned. . .good enough for me. . .

so we head out on our trip. . .

oops. . .not so fast there. . .

the GP calls wanting to know why he never got the reports from the cardiologist. . .

I explain. . .no call. . .not to worry. . .right?

NOPE. . .I want those tests DONE!

OKAY. . .OKAY. . .so here in San Diego is where we finally stopped long enough
for me to make an appointment. . .and let me tell you. . .

they worked me over. . .the whole battery and shindig. . .

Cardiologist runs another EKG. .. yes I see something there. . .
pretty sure it’s just because you are OVERWEIGHT. . .

awwww NO. . .NO. . .you know what that means. . .
that horrible, horrible four letter word. . .you know the one. . .
that’s just yucky. . .I love all things creamy, and delicious. . .

so, with all the tests ran, I got the results today. . .
YUP. . .just as I feared. . .OVERWEIGHT. . .

I KNEW IT. . .

I mean. . .we all KNOW IT. . .RIGHT?

but man. . .they kinda put a bit of fear in me I guess. . .
goodness. . .well, here we go. . .

gotta buckle down. . .

I’ve been walking about two miles every day. . .
eating lots more veggies (which actually, I love)

I’ve lost 8 lbs in the last two weeks. . .that’s a start. . .right?

but wow. . .a long, long way to go. . .
I can do it. . .and guess what. . .
I’m takin’ Dave along for the ride. . .yaaaaaa!

Hopefully next time you see us. . .there will be less to see. . .(big smile)

this afternoon, after the follow up at the doc
we were invited to a potluck at RV Friends
Ed and Debi’s place. . .

There were eight of us. . .
Everyone brought their own main dish,
and a side dish. . .

I was very, very good. . .
just so you know. . .

Til next time. . .

Janice and Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment