Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Salton Sea Area is worth exploring. . .


thank goodness when Rick suggested a day trip to the Salton Sea,
we decided to ignore the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, and go for it. . .

Salton Sea - California

no doubt about it. . .a very strange and unusual place.



we paid the $5 per vehicle entry fee at the State Park


Salton Sea - California

to be able to walk on the beach. . .


Salton Sea - California  Salton Sea - California  Salton Sea - California  Salton Sea - California  Salton Sea - California  Salton Sea - California

and see the piles of dead fish skeletons. . .
isn’t that exciting?



next up in the Salton Sea Area,
Rick and AJ had read about Salvation Mountain,
so. . .off we go. . .

Salvation Mountain - Salton Sea Area - California

I’m sorry. . .I feel horrible for saying this. . .
but I just didn’t love it. . .

Salvation Mountain - Salton Sea Area - CaliforniaSalvation Mountain - Salton Sea Area - California

I wanted to love it. . .really I did. . .
and I LOVED the sentiment of it. . .

but the place itself just gave me the
same sensation as the
Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo TX. . .ugh!

HOWEVER. . .
everyone else in our group LOVED IT. . .
and just ooo’d and ahhh’d. . .

and took tons more pics than I did. . .
which you can see
here. . .if you are so inclined
(I waited in the truck while they explored Smile )



now SLAB CITY was a whole other story. . .
which I just found fascinating. . .

read more about it and see more pics
HERE. . .

The Slabs - Salton Sea Area - California

folks LIVE out here in their RV’s with no hookups. . .
there’s a church and everything. . .

somethin’ else, I tell ya. . .

not my thing, but well worth seeing. . .

it was quite a day. . .and I’m glad we did it. . .

See ya next time at Catalina Island

’til then,
Janice and Dave

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment