Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Most Easternmost of the Easternmost. . .you figure it out

We were going to be within two hours of the most Easternmost point in the United States. . .
we gotta go. . .right. . .well of course we do!
Easternmost Town - Lubec Maine - Lighthouse - East Quoddy - West Quoddy - Sparkplug
Lubec Maine.. .the Easternmost TOWN in the USA. . .remember that!
Art, West Quoddy, East Quoddy, Lighthouses, Easternmost
I appreciate artist’s renderings. . .and this one with the East Quoddy
and West Quoddy Head Lights is especially great. . .
Lubec Maine - Easternmost Town in the USA
another rendering of Lubec Welcome. . .
Easternmost Campground
we stayed in the Easternmost CAMPGROUND. . .
Maine, Lubec ME, Easternmost Point in the United States, Coastal Maine, Sunset RV Park, RV Parks, Monaco
very nice. . .lovely views. ..water and electric with a dump station. . .
I was a little confused as to why it was called Sunset Point. . .
when I would think being the Easternmost Campground . . .Sunrise would be the focus.
Maine, Lubec ME, Easternmost Point in the United States, Coastal Maine, Sunset, Sailboat - Copy
well. . .this is why. . .beautiful sunsets across the cove
Maine, Lubec ME, Easternmost Point in the United States, Coastal Maine, Sunrise
however. . .I was specifically focused on the sunrise,
and was determined that I would get up in time to photograph it. . .HA!
this is the best I could do. . .
seriously people. . .the sun rises at 5:15. . .that is WAY before I usually get up. . .
I did get this shot from the bedroom window the first morning we were there. . .
and then we had several cloudy, foggy, rainy mornings. . .
not that I was up to see them, you understand. . .but I could hear the raindrops hitting the roof. . .
all the reason I needed to stay snuggled in for a couple more hours. . .

On to more Easternmost stories though. . .we visited Eastport Maine. . .
Easternmost City - Ellsworth Maine
the Easternmost CITY in the United States. . .just so you know!
Eastport ME as viewed from Campobello Island Canada, Easternmost City in the USA
here’s a beautiful view of Eastport taken from the Canadian Island of Campobello. . .
my suggestion. . .if you want to visit Eastport. . .just take the ferry from Lubec. . .
it’s not really a pretty drive over there. . .and once you get there,
I can’t honestly say there’s that much to see. . .it was okay, I guess. . .
and if you’re that close and you want to go. . .then you should. . .

Okay. . .last story. . .
Easternmost
we had been told that the first place to see the sunrise in the United States
is Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park. . .so when we visited up there yesterday,
I was curious to see what they had to say about it. . .

Okay. . .I can buy the claim that if you are on the summit of
Cadillac Mountain at 5 AM,
you could possibly be the first to see the sunrise. . .

It all intrigues me somewhat. . .whose claim is the most valid? 
I don’t know. . .I’m just gonna enjoy the uniqueness of it all. . .
that’s their story. . .and they’re sticking to it!

Til next time,
Janice and Dave

more really great pic and perspectives from fellow RV'ers blogs:

In the Direction of Our Dreams - There's More to Lubec

In the Direction of Our Dreams - America's Easternmost City

No comments:

Post a Comment