Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Monday, October 21, 2013

Evans Escapades at Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain


As I said before. . .Ruby Falls in Chattanooga TN
was on our radar, because I read about it on our

now. . .had I done my due diligence as I usually do,
and gone back to reread the post, I would have realized
that the falls was at the end of a 1100 feet deep CAVE. . .

anyone who’s read our stuff very long,
knows that after Mammoth Cave in Kentucky
I told Dave I was done with caves. . .period. . .
well maybe I will repeat Carlsbad. . .but that’s it. . .
Ruby Falls
soooo. . .here we are to see Ruby Falls. . .hello. . .
I’m pretty much feeling like a dummy. . .
’cause evidently I REALLY was not paying ANY attention. . .
Margery and Paul’s blogpost clearly indicates that it’s IN A CAVE. . .
as do the pages where you buy the tickets. . .
Ruby Falls
but oh no. . .I didn’t register any of that part of the story. . .
Ruby Falls
I just wanted to see the falls. . .and they were glorious!
Ruby Falls
the story our EXCELLENT guide told us is
that they don’t actually know where the falls originate,
although many studies have been done. . .intriguing huh?
Ruby Falls - Janice
it was WELL WORTH IT!   Highly recommend. . .
Ruby Falls
and on the way back out. . .my favorite formation. . .steak and potatoes. . .

Now, I highly recommend checking out
because. . .they used a flash. . .
so their pics are much clearer. . .
I didn’t want Dave to use a flash. . .
‘cause I wanted to have that same sensation
of claustrophobia every time I looked at them,
that I had when I was experiencing it. . .what can I say?

and for our last experience in Chattanooga. . .
the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. . .
Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% gradeChattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% grade
eh. . .if you’ve never done one before. . .
and just feel the need. . .go ahead. . .
but nothing all that exciting,
other than it being at a 72* grade
which all RV’ers understand is crazy grade status. . .
Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% gradeChattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% grade
the views from the top weren’t any better, if as good
as the views from the lookout at Ruby Falls. . .
and you could easily drive there yourself if you wanted to see the battlefields. . .
just my opinion you understand. . .

but all in all. . .Rock City and Ruby Falls were well worth the adventure!
see you in Atlanta next,
Janice and Dave

6 comments:

  1. We loved Carlsbad. I would do that one again for sure.

    I think the flash may take something away for the glorious colors.

    .Rock City and Ruby Falls on our list. Railroad not so much.

    Safe travels. Atlanta can be a crazy place to drive through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Carlsbad 25 years ago with two impatient 10 year olds. . .I want to return and experience it in slow motion. . .I remember it being very wide open, which I can handle with ease. . .you will love Rock City and Ruby Falls. . .will look forward to reading your account of it!

      We just experienced Atlanta Lunch Rush up close and personal. . .thankfully, in the jeep.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love seeing an area I've already been too through someone else's eyes. . .glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. We went to Ruby Falls (and so much more) in Chattanooga...saw the aquarium (awesome), Ruby Falls, and, well, you can read the whole blog here: http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com/2011/02/lost-sea-adventure-chattanooga.html

    We loved Chattanooga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really great post Susan. . .I love that you got pics of more of the formations inside the cave. . .would love to share your link on my blog post for others to peruse. . .it's always interesting to read other's experiences on the same things we've seen. . .and I loved the solar panels as well.

      Thanks for sharing your link. . .I would love more folks to do that!

      Delete