Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Evans Escapades in Chattanooga


Camping World RV park
Three different Camping World Stores have public RV Parks. . .who knew?
The one in Chattanooga is great. . .
we paid $22.50 per night with our Good Sam Discount
very pleased!

One added note about the RV Park -

 as stated in the reviews. . .on Friday nites the races fired up, 
and the roar was very evident for about three hours. . .
tolerable, but definitely there! 

Our main objective for a stop in Chattanooga
was to see Ruby Falls. . .which our friends Margery and Paul
had visited last year and written about on their blog. . .

so. . .when I began to do my research,
I found we could do a combo ticket for

First UP. . .Rock City. . .
a sort of botanical garden, all native plants. . .
Rock City TNRock City TN
Rock City TNRock City TN
but designed in amongst these massive boulders. . .
the majesty of it does not translate to pics. . .
I recommend you go and experience it for yourself. . .
Rock City TNRock City TN
rock bridges. . .swinging bridges. . .my fave. . .NOT!
but nowhere near as terrifying as the Royal Gorge Bridge. . .
Lover's Leap at Rock City TNLover's Leap at Rock City TN
our view of Lover’s Leap. . .
Rock City - Lover's Leap Post Card
the Post Card view of Lover’s Leap. . .
Seven States Overlook - Rock City TN
and the view from the top. . .
Seven States Overlook - Rock City TN
from which you could supposedly see seven states. . .
Lover's Leap at Rock City TN - David - Janice
I find any view from any pinnacle to be fascinating,
so we enjoyed it very much. . .

What a great way to spend a couple of hours. . .

Next up. . .Ruby Falls. . .see you there!

Janice and Dave


6 comments:

  1. How gorgeous!

    No swinging bridge for me. I would need a Valium first.

    Keep adventures coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to figure out a way around it Marsha. . .but I never found it. . .so across I went. . .ugh! Thankfully. . .it was short and narrow. . .so I could hang onto both sides and hurry!

      Delete
  2. I don't like swinging bridges either. There is always some idiot who thinks it is hilarious to make is move while you are crossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pix of the Camping World RV Park. A great option for our next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was convenient Margery. . .but as stated in the reviews, and which I forgot to mention. . .on Friday nites the races fired up, and the roar was very evident for about three hours. . .tolerable, but definitely there! I believe I'll add an adendum to the post to mention this fact. . .

      Delete