Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Full Time RV Living and Retirement - That Mystical Magical Word - Where's the Best Place to Retire?



Recently, as I was reading an article titled, "The Best 100 Places to Retire," I began having a few retirement dreams of my own. As I began dreaming of where I would like to be in my retirement, I realized I have the best of both worlds.

As a full time RV'er, I can visit every one of those 100 cities, and decide for myself which one fits the bill. Instead of taking them in the order listed in the article, I think I'll just line them up by state. Maybe I will start with Florida, there seem to be several very popular destinations listed there. Georgia is also on the list, and South Carolina. I think I could just continue up the Eastern Seaboard, maybe zigzag over to Tennessee, and Kentucky, then on to North Carolina, and Virginia.

I think I'm liking this idea better all the time. By the time I stop to check out all the interesting spots between each chosen city, this trip should only take me about five years. I'm sure by that time, the list may have changed some, so I could just start over, and do it all again.

The comments following the article were also very interesting. Someone from North Carolina said, "Would you please take us off the list? This used to be a nice place before everyone and their brother moved in." A Californian stated, "San Diego, La Jolla, are you kidding me? I can't wait to retire and move out of here."

Of course, you know, different strokes for different folks. What say you? Are you planning a big retirement in a specified location, or do you have a wandering spirit, and you want to join me and check them all out?


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4977891

 

No comments:

Post a Comment