Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Evans Escapades at Provincetown Mass



Provincetown MA Harbor
like most harbors we’ve seen in the Northeast. . .
the one at Provincetown Mass is beautiful. . .
as you approach Provincetown Mass, the Pilgrim Monument is the only thing you see. . .
however. . .as best as we could tell. . .it seems that everything at
Provincetown is about the Pilgrim Monuments. . .
it’s the only thing you see as you are approaching. . .
Pilgrim First Landing at Provincetown Mass
the Pilgrims landed here. . .
at Provincetown. . .at the end of the Cape. . .first,
Pilgrim First Landing at Provincetown Mass
about 40 days ahead of when they landed at Plymouth. . .
Pilgrim Monument, Provincetown Mass
this monument. . .the Pilgrim Monument and Museum
is all about that landing. . .and there’s an awesome
observation deck at the top. . .
Pilgrim Monument from the bottom looking up
that we climbed up to. . .cause there’s no elevator. . .
I thought I was going to die. . .and thought . .
I gotta stop doing this to myself. . .as I was trying to catch my breath. . .
but then I thought. . .no, this is exactly what I need to keep doing. . .
this is GOOD FOR ME. . .yes it is. . .and on I went. . .
I made it all the way. . .uhhhhhhhhh. . .
Boston Skyline as seen from the Pilgrim Monument
you could see the Boston Skyline, 42 miles away from up there. . .isn’t that cool? ? ?
Pilgrim Monument with Commercial Street in the foreground
here’s another view of the Pilgrim Monument
taken from the beach with Commercial Street in the foreground. . .
Race Point Light as seen from the Visitor Center at Cape Cod National Seashore
and a view of the Race Point Lighthouse from the Visitor Center at Cape Cod National Seashore. . .
we haven’t made it to the seashore yet. . .we were just stopping to get maps for planning. . .

We definitely got our exercise for the day at the Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown. . .
as soon as we get our strength back. . .we’ll let you know what we’re doing next. . .

‘til then,
Janice and Dave

see the rest of our Provincetown pics HERE . . .hope you enjoyed sharing our day. . .

4 comments:

  1. Great timing for fixing the comment box Jancie. We were in Provincetown TODAY! Post not coming for about a week, that's how far behind I am. The town parking was too so we parked at the dike and walked 3 miles out and back to the light house and went to the National Seashore. Glad you did this post so we can see what we are missing. Hooray for the fix!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it took me long enough to figure it out. . .and then it was just a SIMPLE CLICK. . .of course! I'm glad you can finally comment. . .I think it means that I lost all my Google+ comments. . .but oh well. . .everyone will be able to comment going forward. . .yaaaa!

      Delete
  2. So nice to read about what lies ahead for us in Provincetown. That Pilgrims Monument would pose a challenge and hooray for you guys to persevere. The photos are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lynda. . .you will enjoy PTown for sure. . .I'm still kinda surprised I made it all the way to the top. . .I had my very serious doubts several times on the way up. . .LOL!

      Delete