Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Monday, September 2, 2013

I Got a New Toy. . .

well, actually, a couple of new toys. . .

but first, let me tell you what we’ve been up to for the past week. . .
we left Maine on Friday. . .got settled in at an RV Park in Salisbury Massachusetts. . .
headed straight for the Ipswitch Clambake for fried clams,
as highly recommended by Margery and Paul. . .
delicious. . .bellies full we headed for Salem Massachusetts,
because I am just fascinated by the fact. . .
that in this country. . .the most fabulous country in the world,
people were burned at the stake for being,
as best as I can understand. . .herbalists. . .
organic, all natural healers. . .
like at the mall where you get your vitamins. . .

Anyway. . .I don’t know if we were still just exhausted
from our marathon 12 hour day trip to NH and VT or what. . .
but I just couldn’t get into it once we got there. . .
it was just a lot of gobbeldy gook, halloweeny type stuff
that just didn’t spark my imagination. . .so. . .
we did the trolley tour. . .which was excellent. . .
pretty town, pretty harbor. . .
our tour guide was amazing, but the only reference to the
Salem Witch Trials was in passing as to those horrible, horrible murders,
that were imposed on innocent people. . .I agree with that assesment. . .
it was all a very, very sad time in our history. . .and after the trolley tour
we headed back to the motorhome to rest up for the next days travel
to the Cape Cod area, where we will stay for three glorious weeks. . .yaaaa

Now. . .back to the toys. . .

I am a kitchen gadget nut. . .and always looking for something to help with the cooking process
because. . .even though I enjoy cooking very much. . .I don’t want to spend the day doing it. . .
so anything that helps with the process is right up my alley. . .

There are two things I regret letting go of when we started fulltiming. . .
#1 was my Kitchen Aid Mixer. . .still hate that I sold it. . .
and #2 was my Vita Mixer. . .my awesome, awesome Vita Mixer. . .
but it was soooooo heavy. . .and sooooo tall, I just couldn’t find a place for it to live,
so I sold it on EBay and bought one of those combo blender/food processor jobbies,
which has been great. . .however, lately when I use it, I can smell the motor. . .
you know that smell when the motor is overheating. . .so I knew, it was on it’s last leg,
and would need to be replaced soon. . .
Ninja Kitchen System
ENTER. . .the Ninja Complete Kitchen System. . .
it has the big motor like the Vita Mixer, but nowhere near the weight. . .
as all the canisters are created from Lexan. . .

I’ve used the little individual cups on an almost daily basis
to make smoothies. . .wow. . .in an instant. . .done!

Now that we are settled in here at Cape Cod Thousand Trails
for three weeks, can’t wait to try making bread dough next. . .yum!
Oster Pressure Cooker
My second new toy is this Oster Pressure Cooker. . .
I am a fan of pressure cookers, and will never choose
to be without one. . .but the one I had. . .
the one I loved. . .my electric one that I’ve used for the last
three years was hard to store because of the big long
handle on the side of it. . .

When I saw this smaller, 5 quart, more compact model
which is also a rice cooker, and can be used as a crock pot. . .
plus it has a browning feature. . .I knew it was just what I needed. . .
Happy early Birthday present to me. . .LOL!

Loaded up the old appliances and dropped them off at the Church Thrift store. . .
hope the next person enjoys them as much as I did. . .
2013-09-02 11.46.35
I’ve also been reorganizing the pantry. . .
Dave just LOVES it when I move things around. . .ha!
I keep a pretty good stash.
If there’s something I want to make I probably have the stuff to make it. . .
that’s how I like it. . .I was storing books up here. . .
I decided my baking goods would be much more accessible
up here, than in the underneath cabinets,
where I needed to get on my hands and knees to get what I was looking for. . .
so far, so good. . .
2013-09-02 11.47.44
loving the spice pantry. . .
whoever designed this was a genius. . .and look,
there’s still room for more stuff. . .yaaaaa!

Holiday - Labor Day 3
I hope you are all enjoying your holiday immensely. . .
we will be enjoying it a lot more
once some of these crazy people go home. . .
just kidding. . .just kidding. . .

‘til next time,
Janice and David

No comments:

Post a Comment