Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Friday, September 28, 2012

Full Time RV Maintenance–The RV Stove. . .Again!

Yesterday. . .I was in one of THOSE moods. . .a CLEANING MOOD!
They don’t strike very often. . .but when they do. . .watch out. . .LOL!

Because I rarely EVER use the RV Stove (I hate it!). . .
I was contemplating setting my countertop toaster oven on top of it,
so. . .I decided that it need a really good scrubbing before I did that.

It wasn’t that I really thought it was that dirty. . .after all, I rarely use it. . .
and I wipe it down. . .even lift the lid and wipe down under. . .
but if it was going to serve as a storage space, it should be really, really clean. . .
right. . .so I took it apart. . .well, just the top portion. . .not the whole thing.

Who designed this thing?  What were they thinking. . .
not a new thought for me. . .I think that almost every time I use the crazy thing. . .
but really. . .as I removed the screw, and pulled out the burner. . .
there are all sorts of little crevices and indentions under there. . .
and guess what?  Each one was filled with grease and stuff. . .yuck!

Go check yours out. . .I bet it’s the same. . .so even though you take the
top off, and wipe around under there. . .you can’t get to some of those places.

Hmmm. . .what to do, what to do?  Pulling it out, and replacing it with a
sealed burner unit would be my first option. . .however. . .
that’s not gonna happen. . .at least not right now.

I’m still thinking of solutions. . .there has to be a way to prevent stuff
from falling through, and causing issues. . .

Is it just me. . .are you able to keep your RV stove absolutely spotless? 
If so, would you please share. . .

Just sayin’
Janice

Addendum: I decided adding a couple of pics would be interesting, so here they are:


Once I had all the burners out, and everything scrubbed spic and span,
I decided a coat of paint might help.  Since what I had on hand was a  can
of Rustoleum Hammered Aluminum, that is what I used. . . 
perhaps it will be a little easier to wipe down, now that it's no longer
the dull flat aluminum like the burners. . .we'll see. 


This is my temporary solution to cover the holes around the burners. . .
miniature pie pans that I normally use to make small cobblers and such. . .
I'll need to look for something else to use, as I can't really sacrifice these. . .
but they'll do for the interim.



and here is the toaster oven on top of the stove. . .
one of our better investments. . .it cooks great. . .
I can make homemade bread again. . .
and it doesn't heat up the entire place like the RV oven does. . .

We'll see how it goes!