Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Full Time RV Living–I am a Remodeler

We’ve been looking at Motor Homes, used motor homes. . .

It doesn’t matter to me what the inside looks like, as far as carpet color,
couch color, dining room chair covers, etc. . .’cause I’m probably going
to change it all anyway. . .and make it into my home. . .my way!

When we were looking at the fifth wheel we’ve lived in for the past nine years,
one of my comments about the bedroom was. . .something will need to be done in here. . .
and it was, almost immediately. . .even though the rig had never been lived in.

I take that back. . .the very first thing I did, was take out the lazy susan under the sink,
in order to have a place for the trash can. . .

Trust me. . .unless you do some gaudy, theme based, horrendous remodel. . .
you are seriously NOT going to affect the value. . .believe me, it depreciated
considerably when you hooked it up, and pulled off the lot. . .unlike real estate used to be,
these things are most certainly NOT an appreciating asset.

Now, I’ve never painted the inside of one. . .although I’m certainly considering it.
Most everything I’ve ever done could be undone if need be. . .

Here’s a great article with more ideas and tips for updating or remodeling. . .
it’s called Remodeling Used Class A Motor Homes. . .but these tips could certainly
be applied to any type RV. . .

Send me a note, and let me know what type of updates and remodels you’ve done. . .
Janice