Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Monday, November 26, 2012

Full Time RV Living–Hmmmm. . .Campground Etiquette?

Well. . .as RV’ers I’m sure we’re all aware of the
common courtesies of Campground Etiquette. . .right?

Respect other people’s space. . .don’t walk through another camper’s area. . .


2012-11-25 004
so imagine my surprise on Saturday, when about 15 or 20 folks from the
group next door gathered around my picnic table to eat and smoke. . .
like they didn’t have 20 tables available to them in the group hall. . .
(I know, I know. . .I was just bragging on them in the last post)

Not sure why I didn’t think to get a picture. . .
I’m still sort of flabbergasted. . .

I didn’t really want to make a huge fuss. . .but really. . .what were they thinking?
Did they see covers on any other picnic tables?  (thanks Debi. . .still looking good!)

2012-11-25 005
After they finally moved on, I put a Private – Park Host Area sign on the table. . .
and Dave put up tape to sort of fence off our “front yard.”

What do you think?  Is it too much?

Janice

12 comments:

  1. Janice,
    What they did was too much, cheeky as the Aussies or Brits would say. I would have been indignant if someone used the picnic table at our site.

    Good for you putting up tape and a sign. I'm in total agreement with you.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was several elderly gentlemen who definitely should have "known better" and the rest just wandered over to visit, chat, and smoke with them. . .

      The Park Manager here does not want any type of "confrontation" with the guests. . .so I refrained from saying anything. Sure hoping our "preventative measures" work, and it won't be an issue again. . .fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. What in the world were they thinking! Maybe since you hosted the Thanksgiving day event they thought you also are the host for their eat and smoke get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very "strange" to walk out of the RV. . .and be right on top of a group of folks. In my younger years. . .I would have had something to say. . .but age, and wisdom has taught me to tolerate a lot more. . .so I just told myself it was only for a couple of hours.

      Thus the "preventative measures." Prevention is always better than the cure. . .LOL!

      Delete
  3. What were they thinking . . . or rather, apparently they were NOT thinking. Folks everywhere just don't seem to have much respect for others these days, sad as it is. On another note, didn't realize you have an Alpha! Years ago when I was first dreaming of full-timing as a solo, my choice was going to be an Alpha. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping our tacky little orange tape will at least give them pause. . .we'll see!

      We've loved our Alfa for almost ten years now. . .our little condo on wheels. . .literally. . .will be selling or trading it soon!

      Delete
  4. A few months ago some guy and his wife parked next to me, but instead of pulling in like all the other campers he pulled in with his door facing mine. Not normally a big deal but he parked so close that his slide was touching my awning. Then they left and the next guy that pulled in also decided to park on top of me. He set up his satellite dish halfway under my awning. I made sure every time i walked by I turned it just enough to drop his signal. He had about 35 feet of level gravel on his other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness. . .that just borders on sheer rudeness. . .and although I TRY to abide by the "golden rule". . .I'm afeared I may have done the same bump to the satellite. . .oops!

      Delete
  5. The saving Grace I detect is your AND their ability to MOVE. With the empty houses on either side of us, I REALLY prayed foe great neighbors, because we can't move or ... them. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Gary, and thankfully. . .after about two hours THEY decided to move along. . .LOL!

      Delete
  6. Boy, I think I would've lost it. Good for you for keeping your cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wee bit freaky to have them so close. . .but saying anything would have exacerbated the problem. . .sooooooo. . .patience it was. . .not something I excel at. . .LOL!

      Delete