Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Full Time RV Living–This Is What My Life Has Come To

This is not a complaint at all. . .it’s just that it’s sort of fall/winter in Texas. . .you know ~ the leaves are kinda falling. . .but we don’t have the overwhelming, magnificent fall colors of other places.  It’s still pretty. . .but everything has slowed down. . .
not really in a fly zone. . .so migration is not really going on here. . .just living life. . .and doing stuff. . .
2006-01-01 blog pics 0022006-01-01 Lake Fort Parker 004
washing windows. . .oh yeah. . .that was exciting. . .
2006-01-01 blog storage bay, ride 001
organizing the storage bay. . .again.  My friend Judy had drawers in her storage bay. . .I decided I wanted them too. . .so much easier than dragging those buckets out everytime I need something. . .although those buckets served us very, very well for several years. . .but it’s just great when someone has a wonderful solution that you can copy. . .thanks Judy and Jerry for the great idea!
2006-01-01 blog storage bay, ride 002
and here’s our ride for the next few weeks. . .ain’t it cute?  Fixin’ to jump on it, and go pick up a couple of packages that came in.

I ordered an external back up drive for my computer. . .since it has been getting slower, and slower.  I want to make sure all my pics are backed up before it completely gives up the ghost on me.  It’s old, and tired. . .but I’m gonna work it til it dies. . .that’s just the way I am. . .gonna wring out every drop of life. . .LOL!

2012-11-14 blog view from inside 023
This was yesterday’s late afternoon view from the rig. . .not sure it gets much more beautiful than that!

Til next time,
Janice

13 comments:

  1. Your afternoon view is better than ours. We haven't seen the sun for three days. I said we can get this weather back in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughhh. . .gotta have the sun. . .hope it shows up at your place soon!

      Delete
  2. Fall/winter does bring out the "organizers" in us. Lol. We seem to end up moving things around or changing our system during the down time too. Love the new ride! The afternoon view is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    Connie & Bob
    http://simslandyacht.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha. . .never thought of it like that. ..down time. . .I like it! The things I come up with in my down time causes my hubby's eyes to roll back in his head. . .along with a huge groan, followed by. . .what are you doing now? LOL. . .

      Delete

  3. love your sunset picture. It was 32 degrees here this morning, hope you were a lot warmer then us. Looking foward to seeing you and Dave again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ed. . .it's been warming up quite nicely during the day. . .hope that pattern continues. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get too bored, you can come and wash my windows and organize my basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha. . .I'll do it Judy. . .just as soon as you get that rig back to Texas. . .

      Delete
  6. No more down time for us this year. We have decided we want some different weather for Christmas this year, so the 26th of this month, we will be leaving Palm springs where we have been for 3 weeks, and heading to Branson, Missouri. We hope we can avoid most of the bad weather, but we hear that they decorate Branson so well for the holidays that we just have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you for a fact that Branson is awesome at Christmas time. . .I'm sure it's even bigger and better now. . .enjoy!

      Delete
  7. I wouldn’t complain if I were in your situation either. It’s actually nice that things are staying lax in the camp. I mean, isn’t doing nothing the best thing about RVing? Haha! Although it’s not literally wasting time, I guess. It can be taking a nap, reading a book, watching other campers and the sunset. So how long are you planning to stay in Texas?

    Tia ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Tia. . .I'm really not sure how I ever had time to hold a full time job, raise two kids, teach Sunday School. . .etc, etc. . .LOL!

      My grandson graduates this year. . .so we are delayed in Texas until June. . .six weeks later than our normal leaving date. . .I guess I'll survive. . .ha ha!

      Delete
  8. You’re definitely gonna survive, Janice, that’s for sure! Living the RV lifestyle is fun and exciting. Just watching the sunset is already very relaxing. Plus, there are other things that you might wanna get involved in while you’re there in Texas. Don’t let yourself get bored! ;)

    Rosalinda Rudloff

    ReplyDelete