Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Full Time RV Maintenance and Dreary, Drippy Weather

Ughhh. . .I’m pretty sure the weather system we were expecting on Sunday pretty much caught up with us last night and today. . .a wee bit cool. . .but mostly just gray and dreary. . .a very good day to stay inside and do nothing. . .
so after meeting with the Park Manager this morning for a list of assignments. . .that’s exactly what I did. . .
Dave left to teach a class. . .I cocooned. . .
Well. . .I did work on one little project. . .
2006-01-01 Fort Parker State Park 001
the bedroom TV has always been a complete nuisance sitting on top of this bureau. . .it always hung off the edges. . .it needed to be fastened and strapped down on travel days. . .and heaven forbid we should actually need to use that emergency exit window located beside it. . .
2006-01-01 Fort Parker State Park 003
so. . .a couple of weeks ago (when Dave was also gone to teach a class) I moved it.
Removing a drawer and doors from this chest made the perfect space for it to go. . .it’s all self contained. . .doesn’t need to have anything done to it on moving day. . .and is completely out of the way!  Yaa. . .my project for tomorrow is to paint the inside of this cabinet black, which will allow all of this to blend in. . .black paint is my friend!
Remodeling in the Bedroom
We added the drawer and cabinet to the top of the bureau. . .can’t have one inch of storage going to waste. . .so once I realign the drawer, add one more little piece of trim and stain the bottom doors to match, that project will be complete. . .
Fort Parker Lake - Mexia TX - a day on the lake
maybe the sun will be back out soon. . .and we can get back to the important stuff. . .like fishing!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I have that seasonal disorder. . .when the sun is missing, I just get mopey. . .ugh! Very happy to see the sun is out this morning. . .

      Delete