Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Evans Escapades: Winding Down at Lake Conroe

Yesterday, I headed out on my own for some shopping therapy. 

Since Dave was gone part of the week, he stayed home for some down time of his own. . .

 

As sometimes happens when we are parked in one place for a month, not much is happening. . .

so I have been going on walks to entertain myself. . .

Blackberries in Bloom - Lake Conroe Thousand Trails - March 2012

the blackberries are blooming. . .

 

DSC_8247

the honeysuckle are gorgeous. . .

Duck Conversation - Lake Conroe Thousand Trails - March 2012

ducks on the lake. . .I swear they were having a conversation.

Emily - Skeet Shooting - Williford Family Reunion - Mar 2012

my awesome grand. . .note the skeet in the background. . .we were so proud

Williford Family Reunion - Mar 2012

Dad holding court at family reunion. . .my cousin seems amused!

and so it goes. . .heading to San Antonio next week. . .

 

See you down the road. . .

10 comments:

  1. Those ducks crack me up. They do look like they are having a conversation! What a hoot. Safe travels to San Antonio. Have a great week. ~wheresweaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know what they were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self "learn Duck language"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a Red Honeysuckle. Down south here they are white and turn yellow ( thats the best time to pick them and enjoy the honey). LOL One tiny drop of honey from each flower but ohhhh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...if you're heading to San Antonio, leaving Lake Conroe behind, I guess that means that we need to head on back so that someone's home:) We're in Mesa heading to the Grand Canyon on Thursday. From that point on we'll be making our way back home. I'll ask our neighbor at the park to "keep the lights on".
    Enjoy San Antonio. It's one of my favorite cities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, let me know how that works out for ya. . .LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill, a great memory from my childhood. . .lined up against the fence row with the cousins. . .picking and tasting honeysuckle. . .thanks for a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, half-hour of San Antonio so Bandera to the west, Braunig Lake to the south, or Potter's Creek to the north. No, Potter's Creek is more than a half hour. All good places.

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh. . .Bandera, of course. . .Thousand Trails at Medina Lake. . .ya gotta love it. . .although my understanding is there's still no water in the lake. . .but it's a beautiful park, with deer everywhere!

    ReplyDelete