Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Incredible Luck–I Gotta Share

 

Since yesterday was our last day at Lake Conroe for a few months,

I wanted to make one more pass with the camera. . .I was really trying

to get a shot of a water moccasin that I had spotted at one of the ponds. . .

alas. . .no luck!  but. . .I did get this incredible shot

DSC_8291

of this momma Mallard. . .she’s set her nest up right at the edge of the hot tub. . .

and then. . .the most incredible thing happened.

I had walked around to the “Bass Pond” and sat down at a picnic table. . .

because I could hear birds all in the edge of the brush, I had turned on the camera,

and was scanning with the high power lens to see if I could get a shot of one of them. . .

Lo and behold. . .this is what flew right into my view finder. . .

I just held down the button and started clicking. . .

DSC_8315

DSC_8316

DSC_8317

DSC_8318DSC_8319DSC_8320

I was thrilled. . .

10 comments:

  1. Lots better than a snake anyway...lol Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take very nice pictures, what kind of camera do you have? We pick up our MH in the morning,,can't wait!! We have to get together when you get back to Texas...Have fun, be safe, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ...one of my favorite sayings is "Luck us what happens when preparation meets opportunity." You certainly experienced luck when your preparation met the opportunity. What a nice PC background that p photo would be :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...is all I can say. Love these new cameras! That was your miracle of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh. . .but Bill, I just wanted a pic of the snake for the shock value. . .and my grands would be so impressed!

    Thanks Ed. . .I usually used hubby's Nikon D300 with a 70 - 300 zoom (my personal favorite lens). . .I know you guys are going to love your new rig. . .with that awesome kitchen, is Debi going to cook inside now? ha ha!

    Candace. . .Oprah used to say that all the time. . .and I believe it. . .I'm just thankful to be able to take advantage!

    Vickie. . .I would absolutely agree that is was a miracle. . .and I did say, "thank you Jesus" at that very moment. . .cause you know, as the good book says. . .in all things, give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too incredible. wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh, a 70-300 lens, wishful thinking that I had one! Beautiful shots and thank you for sharing. I love it when it comes together for a great nature photo! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice--those are some awesome photos! Right place, right time, and quick on the trigger!

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Gary. . .we're having a blast!

    Jeannie. . .I know, it's great. . .but I'm envious of your kayak. . .so that makes us even. . .right?

    Longdog. . .thankfully, my finger was already ON the trigger. . .or I'm sure I would have missed everything!

    ReplyDelete