Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Full Time RV Travel-MONTANA-Yellowstone National Park

Where we were exactly one year ago. . .the temps were much cooler there, than they are here in East Texas. . .

YELLOWSTONE! YES!

We made it, we made it, we made it. . .I am so excited!

I have been dreaming of seeing Yellowstone since I was in the fourth grade, when my teacher told us about boiling water coming out of the ground. . .

She said it was so hot you could boil an egg, or heat a baby's bottle. . .wow, what a great mental picture she painted. . .and at last. . .forty something years later, I have seen it for myself. . .amazing. . .

so we absolutely played tourist this first day. . .as soon as we had the RV set up, I couldn't wait. . .

I had to get there to see Old Faithful as quickly as possible!

our timing was perfect. . .she put on a show within minutes. . .

Dave. . .proudly displaying his BP logo!

the boiling water flows straight into the Little Firehole River. . .I still hafta research that. . .I'll be interested to see how the water from the geysers affects the composition of the river, and the fishing, of course!

Next up. . .a drive around the Grand Loop.

Yellowstone Traffic Jam!

I'm sure they were heading to greener pastures. . .

It was starting to rain, so we almost bypassed this turnout. . .sure glad we didn't!

I love nature in any form. . .I could see the hand of God everywhere I looked.

still snow on the ground at 8200 feet. . .and more snow predicted. . .even where we are in West Yellowstone. . .at least 50 miles away. . .and 2000 feet lower in elevation. . .YIKES!

and gorgeous Yellowstone Lake. . .elevation 7200. . .141 miles of shoreline. . .400 ft deep. . .ringed by mountains, and steaming caldrons. . .

We can't wait to see more. . .I intend to check out every nook and cranny while we are here for the next three months. . .so check back often for updates.

Of course this is only a few of our pics. . .to see more: http://picasaweb.google.com/JaniceLEvans1015/EvansEscapadesYellowstoneJune2010#

You'll get all of our updates if you submit your email address at the top of this page.

We look forward to your comments, or email us at EvansEscapades@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I just found your site. Guess it took the kids being home from school for me to have time. With 3 kids, this is the best way to 'travel'...through pictures. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm so glad you found me. . .there are so many great things to see up there where you guys are. . .load those kiddos in the car. . .and travel with them. I wish we had done all of this when our guys were little. . .

    ReplyDelete