Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Full Time RV Living–A Happy Birthday Bicycle for ME!

Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle
I decided for the big double nickel birthday. . .things need to change. . .
and since I don’t plan to stop eating the good stuff. . .
perhaps a bicycle would help. . .
(the only time in my life that I was ever “skinny”
was when I did a bicycle ride every day, while the boys were taking a nap)
Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle
here’s my sweet hubby putting it together. . .the ones that were available
put together at the store, were already rusty, and dirty. . .and I just wasn’t
willing to pay full price for something that already looked old.
Happy Birthday Bicycle for the big 55
here we go. . .first ride. . .note the helmet people.  On the advice of friends,
but against my will, I bought. . .and will wear, the crazy thing. . .hate it!
Happy Birthday Bicycle for the big 55
returning from my first ride. . .no. . .nothing is wrong. . .
well, nothing is wrong with the bicycle. . .
I, on the other hand. . .am soooo out of shape,
I couldn’t pedal back up the hill. . .
sad, I know. . .but my legs were on FIRE. . .pitiful!
Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle
here’s Dave attaching  the bracket for the bike carrier to the frame under the front of the truck. . .

We would love to put the carrier on the back of the rig. . .
but, we have no bumper. . .and seemingly, no way to add one without
having some welding done. . .this is a viable (cheaper) solution. . .
plus. . .my RV blog friend, Sparky, often talks about driving over to a biking trailhead. . .
so having the bike carrier on the truck will allow us to access those!
Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle

the finished product. . .

Sparky, on her Where’s Eldo blog wrote about having had three different bike carriers in
four years. . .and this is the rack they’ve finally decided on as being the best solution. . .
Our neighbors across the street were also using this bike carrier, so we took the advice of both
of them, and went with it. . .and the best part. . .
Camping World had it on special for $55 off the regular price. . .my kind of deal. . .

My RV friend Kim sent me a note on FaceBook to say she lost 32 pounds this summer
riding her bike. . .here’s hoping I’ll do the same. . .wish me luck!

Janice

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are wearing a helmet. Good for you for being willing to change your lifestyle to accommodate good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh. . .well I hate it so very, very much. . .but being a safety freak. . .I will wear it. . .as far as changing the lifestyle. . .well, let's not get carried away! LOL. . .someone suggested that I should also wear knee and elbow pads when I am riding on gravel. . .uh uh. . .ain't happenin'

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great time with your new bike and that you get many, many hours of pleasure from riding it. I think that would be the best health benefit of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coleen. . .I love everything about nature. . .so I think the bike is going to allow me to get up close and personal with a lot more of God's creation. . .looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. It takes time to get back into any type of exercise routine. You will be pedaling up those hills in no time. Don't forget to take a picture of you before and after. I find it is a great motivator for when I go off my exercise routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lord, I hope so. . .before and after pics are a great idea. . .need to do that one for sure!

      Delete
  4. If your looking for Online Illinois license plate sticker renewals then you have need to come to the right place.We offer the fastest Illinois license plate sticker renewals in the state. RV Water Filter

    ReplyDelete