Living full time in our motor home allows us to be Ready To Go. . .on to the next adventure!

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco Skyline as seen from the Marin Headlands - California

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

St Joseph’s Cathedral–Oklahoma City


One last word about the OKC National Memorial
before I move on to the State Capitol. . .
2014-09-24 2014-09-24 001 086saint-joseph-old-cathedral-oklahoma-city
on my list of must see places because of it’s connection to the Memorial
was the ST. Joseph’s Cathedral. . .
it was right across the street from the Arthur P. Murrah Building,
and received extensive damage from the blast. . .
loving Cathedrals anyway, I really wanted to see
the Stained Glass and Pipe Organ in this one,
and read the stories of that fateful day. . .
however, it was closed, locked up tight . . .so maybe next trip. . .
2014-09-24 2014-09-24 001 0622014-09-24 2014-09-24 001 0562014-09-24 2014-09-24 001 066
as we stood on the Murrah Building Plaza,
looking back across the street toward the Cathedral,
I told Dave. . .oh I wish the flag would unfurl so I could
get a shot of it with the steeple in the background. . .
at that moment it was as though an angel’s breath
blew the flag out for the perfect shot. . .
love those moment’s in time. . .
2014-09-24 2014-09-24 001 085
and on the corner directly behind the Cathedral
with it’s back to the disaster stands this memorial statue
entitled “And Jesus Wept”. . .

My feeble mind will never understand such tragedies. . .
or why a merciful God allows such horrible things to happen. . .
I just don’t know. . .and standing here almost 20 years later,
I still ask the question. . .WHY oh WHY? 


A question that will only be answered in eternity. . .
I’m glad we came. . .


See you next time at the State Capitol Building,
‘til then,
Janice and Dave


For More Pics and Remembrances from the
Memorial Site, and specifically to see pics 
of the inside of St Joseph's Cathedral check out 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment